As mentioned during the FY22 BFO kick-off session, this year we are inviting offer writers to participate in pitch sessions in front of the BFO Leadership Team.
Each pitch is a virtual Zoom session between the offer writer and the leadership team. The offer writer will have 15 minutes total to pitch their offer and receive feedback from the leadership team prior to the initial offer submission deadline.
The pitch is not mandatory and is meant to be a resource to offer writers. This activity is a voluntary, first come, first served opportunity. Each of the following sessions will be broken up into 15 minute slots:
Wednesday, December 2nd from 2:00-4:30 p.m.
Friday, December 4th from 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Monday, December 7th from 1:00-4:30 p.m., City Hall, Veranda Room
To sign up for a slot:
- Go to this calendar and search for the dates of the pitches (December 2, 4, or 7).
- Click on the 15 minute spot you would like to claim for your pitch time. Please edit the name of the appointment slot from BFO Pitch Slots (YOUR NAME) to BFO Pitch Slots (YOUR NAME, YOUR ORGANIZATION).
- Click Save.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the pitch a requirement to submit an initial offer? No, the pitch is not required for any offer writers. It is simply an opportunity to tell the leadership team about your offer and receive constructive verbal feedback.
- Does the pitch give me an advantage for getting my offer funded? No. The pitch is not a requirement, nor does it make it more likely that your offer gets funded in the FY22 budget. However, the verbal feedback could be helpful when completing your initial offer.
- Can I provide electronic materials? Sure. For electronic materials to present during your pitch–please email to email@example.com in a PDF slide format at least 24 hours before your pitch slot.
- What is the format of the pitch? Each pitch will start promptly at your start time. We will spend 1-2 minutes in greetings, 5-8 minutes in the actual pitch, and 5 minutes to give feedback. The remaining 5 minutes of your calendar time will be a buffer between pitches for the leadership team.
- Should I dress up? Please wear whatever you please.
- Is the pitch for operational or capital offers? Both. For capital, only new offers should sign up for pitch slots.
- Is my 15 minute pitch time for one offer or multiple offers? One offer per pitch slot. Please sign up for multiple slots if you want to pitch multiple offers.
- What if I want to cancel my pitch slot? Please go to your calendar and delete the meeting invite. It will delete the taken slot from the main calendar and make it available for someone else.
- Can I sign up and not pitch an offer, but just ask questions? No. If you have general questions about the BFO process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What if all the slots are taken? Slots are first come, first served. Please check daily to see if new slots open up.
- Is this my only chance to receive feedback from the leadership team? No, all offers will receive written feedback after the initial phase, as well as have an opportunity to meet with results team leads before final offers are due.